Call For Nominations
2021 IEEE TCCLD Award Announcement
- TCCLD Outstanding Ph.D. Thesis Award.
TCCLD Outstanding Ph.D. thesis award is presented to a researcher whose Ph.D. thesis has the potential of a very high impact in cloud computing or gives direct evidence of such an impact. Only a Ph.D. degree obtained in 2020/2021 is considered for this award.
- TCCLD Rising Star Award (within 5 years of receiving the Ph.D. degree)
It recognizes outstanding young scientists and engineers who have demonstrated exceptional capabilities and made a significant contribution to the field of cloud computing. Only candidates who receive their Ph.D. within 5 years are eligible.
- TCCLD Research Innovation Award.
Anyone or one group of collaborators whose outstanding technical innovations are in the field of cloud computing. The contributors must have a long-term impact on advancing the theory and practice in cloud computing.
- TCCLD Outstanding Leadership Award
This award recognizes one individual for her/his outstanding leadership contributions in the field of cloud computing. Also, the outstanding contributions in the application of cloud computing which affect and improve global business and help organizations and individuals are considered.
- TCCLD Outstanding Service Award
This award recognizes one individual with outstanding services to building the cloud computing community, and persistent volunteer efforts, such as services to IEEE TCCLD activities worldwide, annual related events.
- TCCLD Women in Cloud Computing Award
It recognizes women leaders who have made outstanding, influential, and potentially long-lasting contributions in the field of cloud computing and solve real problems.
- TCCLD Research Impact Award
It recognizes senior researchers or educators for her/his significant/distinguished contribution in the field of cloud computing.
- Qualified candidates except for the IEEE TCCLD chairs, TCCLD executive committee members, and the past IEEE TCCLD awardees.
- Nominees that have not been recognized for the TCCLD award will be reviewed with higher priority.
- In terms of the TCCLD Outstanding Ph.D. Thesis Award, the Ph.D. degree should have been obtained in 2020/2021.
- Please note: self-nomination is not permitted.
- Anyone in the field can nominate one person. Self-nominations are not accepted.
- Nominations should include a proposed citation (up to 25 words), which includes the field of research/work and contributions, a detailed statement to justify the nomination (500 words or less), and personal/team web page URL of the nominee.
- Two supporting letters are required for each nomination. The letters should address the significance of the contributions cited in the nomination.
- Nominations that did not result in an award can be resubmitted or updated in subsequent years.
- The Awards Committee will evaluate all nominations and decide on zero or more winners for each award category.
August 20, 2021: Nomination due
- August 30, 2021: Extended nomination due.
- September 10, 2021: Selection results. (Internal)
- Announcement of Winners will be announced. IEEE DataCom 2021
All nominations should be sent through the following link. All the files should be merged into one PDF file.
Note: If you require further information, feel free to contact email@example.com
Awards committee chair
- Dr. Martin Gilje Jaatun, Information Security Research Scientist at SINTEF/Adjunct Professor UiS Norway. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
2021 IEEE TCCLD Awardees:
- TCCLD Research Impact Award: Professor Rajkumar Buyya
- TCCLD Outstanding Leadership Award: Dr. Hui Lei
- TCCLD Research Innovation Award: Professor Albert Zomaya
- TCCLD Rising Star Award: Dr. Gaurav Somani
- TCCLD Outstanding Ph.D. Thesis Award: Dr. Shashikant Ilager
- TCCLD Women in Cloud Computing Award: Dr. Siani Pearson
2020 IEEE TCCLD Awardees: