IEEE Technical Committee on Learning Technology (TCLT) — Call for applications for 2017 Early Career Researcher Award in Learning Technologies
The IEEE Technical Committee on Learning Technology invites applications for the Early Career Researcher Award (ECRA) in Learning Technologies. This award is to acknowledge high-quality and innovative research contributions in frontier areas of learning technologies by young researchers in the early stages of their academic or research career.
The awardee should demonstrate success as part of a doctoral degree in learning technologies, as well as a record of high-quality research in the period after completing formal university research training. This Award would normally be given to scientists no older than 35 years old, but taking into account career interruptions.
The awardee for 2017 will be invited to deliver a speech at the 2018 IEEE International Conference on Advanced Learning Technologies (ICALT 2018), with expenses covered by the conference budget, and receive a certificate during the award ceremony at the conference.
The awardee should:
- at the time of application, hold a Ph.D. degree in Learning Technologies awarded during the past 5 years – essential (official transcript to be attached)
- have a CV that demonstrates significant research achievements during the supervised higher degree program – essential (CV and evidence to be attached)
- have a CV that demonstrates outstanding research achievements during the short (max 5 years) post-PhD period at a higher education or research institution with a reasonable level of individual initiative in research direction and the achievement of goals – essential (CV and evidence to be attached)
- be acknowledged and endorsed by two referees (other than PhD supervisor and/or researchers in the applicants’ organisations) – essential (two reference letters to be attached)
- evidence of service to the promotion of the IEEE Technical Committee on Learning Technologies, e.g. through in ICALT and/or T4E program committee membership, etc. – desirable
- evidence (official transcript) that at the time of application the applicant is no older than 35 years of age, but career changes and interruptions (e.g., parental responsibilities, serious illness etc.) will be taken into account when considering eligibility- desirable (official transcript to be attached)
Eligible applicants are invited to submit their application by November 15th, 2017 in Word, RTF or PDF format to the TCLT chair by email at email@example.com (Subject: TCLT Young Researcher Award Application).
The application must address the selection criteria below, include a CV, official transcripts, two letters of reference that also address the selection criteria. The Selection Committee has limited ability to seek additional information and therefore application documents must be complete and provide a full and fair account of the applicant.
A pdf version of the announcement can be found here.