The IEEE Computer Society is the world’s leading organization of computing professionals. Founded in 1946, and the largest of the 39 societies of the Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE), the CS is dedicated to advancing the theory and application of computer and information-processing technology.
The Technical and Conference Activities Board (T&C Board) is responsible for the general oversight of and for setting policy for the activities of the IEEE Computer Society’s task forces, technical councils and technical committees, as well as for defining the society’s role and policy for the meetings in which the society participates, whether defined as conferences, symposia, workshops or tutorials.
A Technical Committee (TC) is a formal subcommittee of the T&C Activities Board. The purpose of a TC is to conduct a wide and varied set of activities within the context of the IEEE Computer Society. A TC should be the focal point of industry and academia for activities and discussion within their area.
Main anticipated activities for a Technical Committee (TC)
- publish a newsletter,
- conduct workshops, symposia, conferences and tutorials,
- develop awards for technical excellence, student awards, etc. within the technical discipline
- provide a forum for discussion of technical topics.
Main aims for Technical Committee on Learning Technology (TCLT) are the following
- Provide a forum for exchange of ideas among interested practitioners, researchers, developers, maintainers, users and students in the Learning Technology field.
- Promote and facilitate the sharing of ideas, techniques, standards, and experiences between TCLT members for more effective use of Learning Technology.
- Conduct workshops, conferences, and other meetings to advance both the state-of-the-art and the state-of-the-practice of Learning Technology.
- Publish and distribute among its members, and other IEEE-CS parties, newsletters, proceedings, standards proposals, and other appropriate material on a non-profit basis.
- Provide professional development opportunities for members in Learning Technology and related technologies.
- Foster other activities for the advancement of the Learning Technology field and the interests of TCLT membership within the scope of TCLT’s charge under the rules of the IEEE-CS, including cooperating with other groups in joint activities and projects.