ICALT conference is scheduled to be held at Utah Valley University (Orem campus), which is located in Orem, UT, USA. The Orem campus is the university’s main campus and home to both undergraduate and graduate students. Orem is one of the largest cities in Utah and is known for a wide range of outdoor opportunities, such as mountain biking, hiking, and skiing.
The cost is around $50 to $80
- You can follow the the “Ride Share” sign to go to the Uber Pick-Up locations.
- Uber Pick-Ups are located at 6B and 7B
- You can go to 6A first and use the pedestrian crossing to reach 6B
The Utah Transit Authority (UTA) is a special service district responsible for providing public transportation throughout the Wasatch Front of Utah. You can easily take the UTA from Salt Lake City International Airport to Utah Valley University.
The route from Salt Lake City International Airport to Utah Valley University is:
- Green line: Airport Station to North Temple Bridge
- FrontRunner: North Temple Station to Orem Station (free wifi). Warning: FrontRunner is closed on Sunday.
- Orem Central Station to UVU Computer Science Building. You can walk to the CS building (around 23 minutes) or take a bus (around 15 to 19 minutes). Warning: Buses are closed on Sunday.
- Walking (23 minutes)
- Take UVX (free, 19 min):
- Destination: UVU station
- Click here to access the map and schedule for UVX: choose “towards Provo Central Station” to track the bus
- Take bus 831 (15 min):
- Destination: UVU Institute (EB)
- Click here to access fares, map, and schedule for 831: choose “towards Provo Central Station” to track the bus
- Take bus 862 (17 min):
- Destination: UVU Gunther Building(NB)
- Click here to access fares, map, and schedule for 831: choose “towards University Palace Station” to track the bus
Utah Transit Authority provides information and resources related to public transportation services in Utah.
- You can use Transit Tracker-UTA to track the states of the blue line and frontrunner.
- You can use UTA GoRide to purchase tickets.