IEEE TCLT welcome proposers to email their proposal for hosting an existing IEEE TCLT sponsored conference like IEEE TCLT’s annual flagship international conference IEEE International Conference on Advanced Learning and Technologies (IEEE ICALT, http://ieee-icalt.org/) as well as hosting new workshop or conference in the emerging and important areas for IEEE TCLT to consider according to IEEE’s policy and requirements (https://www.ieee.org/conferences/organizers/conference-sponsorship.html).
Proposers need to meet all of the three criteria:
- Membership: at least one of the proposers should be an Active IEEE Computer Society as well as an Active IEEE TCLT member.
[NOTE] IEEE membership yearly dues are from US$160 to US$208 depending on your country and region. You may check it out at https://www.ieee.org/membership/join/dues.html. Join IEEE during March to the mid of August, the membership fee is even cheaper and for some countries will even see 50% of regular fee.
[NOTE] To join IEEE Computer Society Technical Committee on Learning Technology for free at any time. Join IEEE CS TCLT via the shortened URL at https://tinyurl.com/joinieeetclt or via the original URL: https://www.ieee.org/membership-catalog/productdetail/showProductDetailPage.html?product=CMYLT716
- Research Area: at least one of the proposers should work in a field related to advanced learning technologies.
- Service: at least one of the proposers has served as one of the following roles in IEEE TCLT’s conferences and workshops:
(a) conference/workshop chair, program chair, doctoral program chair, publicity chair, or local chair;
(b) track program chair coordinator, track program co-chair, or track program committee member;
(c) participant who has attended at least two of IEEE TCLT’s conferences and workshops.
The proposal should contain the following information:
- Proposer(s): name, affiliation, phone number, URL of his/her home page and e-mail address.
- Please provide for at least one of the proposer’s proof of having Active IEEE Computer Society and IEEE TCLT membership. The membership status and information can be accessed by signing in at https://www.ieee.org/ and then click the member’s name (at top right hand side just beside the Sign Out link). Then a link “View Membership and Subscription Information” can be seen and clicked. Please print the page to a PDF file and attached the PDF file to the proposal.
- CV of the proposer(s): Both academic career and experience in organizing international conference are key factors in the evaluation process.
- Advantages of the proposer(s): a short paragraph.
- Prospective Local Organizing Committee (LOC) members. The aforementioned TCLT member(s) must be included.
- A supporting letter from his/her institution or academic organization.
- Proposed location: geographic location and conference facilities with estimated price ranges.
- Proposed date: date range options of organizing the conference/workshop.
- Financial plan including registration fee and mode(s) of conference fee payment (Note: It is mandatory to offer online credit card payment method).
- Conference promotion and publicity plan at both international and domestic levels.
- Advantages and challenges of the proposed location: a short paragraph including information on nearby hotels with estimated price ranges and public transportation system.
- Other arrangements, activities, and plan that could attract participants, make participant perceive convenience and easy to reach the venue, and enjoy the conference and workshop.
- Expression of Interest (EoI) should be sent directly to TCLT chair, via email maiga.chang(at)gmail.com, by at least 18 months prior to the proposed hosting dates, e.g., if proposers want to host a TCLT conference/workshop in July 2022, they have to send their EoI via email by December 2020 or earlier.
- Detailed proposal has to be sent to TCLT chair, via email, by at least 15 months prior to the proposed hosting dates, e.g., if proposers want to host a TCLT conference/workshop in July 2022, they have to send the detailed proposal via email by April 2021 or earlier.
- Proposers must lead a small group (expenses are not going to be covered by TCLT) to attend the conference/workshop held in the year immediately before the proposed hosting year, e.g., if proposers want to host a TCLT conference/workshop in 2022, they should lead a small group to attend the same conference/workshop held in 2021; it would be better for the proposers to lead the small group to attend the proposed hosting conference/workshop twice in a series before the year they are going to host the conference/workshop.
- Proposers are required to do an informative and attractive presentation during the TCLT Annual Meeting in the IEEE TCLT flagship ICALT conference held in the year immediately before the proposed hosting year, e.g., if proposers want to host a TCLT conference/workshop in 2022, they need to do a presentation in the TCLT Annual Meeting in ICALT 2021.
- The decision will be made within 10 days after an ICALT conference.