Due to ICALT 2021 is a virtual conference this year, IEEE TCLT (Technical Committee on Learning Technologies) has announced student travel awards this year is for ICALT 2021 student author’s SINGLE registration fee reimbursement ONLY (i.e., 2nd paper’s registration fee cannot be reimbursed).
- Student authors of papers accepted in ICALT 2021 are eligible to apply.
- Preference will be given to student authors whose affiliations (NOT their nationality) belong to underpresented group countries of ICALT 2020 (i.e., countries that have equal or less than six authors submitting their paper to ICALT 2021, including co-authorship: Austria, Bangladesh, Chile, Colombia, Cyprus, Czechia, Estonia, Finland, Indonesia, Ireland, Netherlands, New Zealand, Pakistan, Poland, Portugal, Sri Lanka, Tajikistan, Tanzania, Thailand, Tunisia, Turkey, United Arab Emirates, Uzbekistan).
- Preference will be given to first authors of full papers and DC (Doctoral Consortium) papers.
- Preference will be given to undergraduate students, doctoral, and master students.
- Preference will be given to IEEE student member who is also IEEE Computer Soceity member and IEEE TCLT member.
- Awarded students will be able to have reimbursement for their author registration fee — the award is after-event reimbursement so the student award winner author still needs to make their own registration and payment online by the author registration deadline.
- There are only limited student awards availabile.
- Students who have been awarded the grant MUST register and attend the conference — it the student doesn’t attend the conference and introduce themselves to TCLT chair, then they may no longer be eligible to receive the award.
HOW TO APPLY
- Applicants are requested to fill the form at
https://limesurvey.gameresearch.ca/index.php/47959?lang=en to apply for the award.
- A proof of student affiliation to an academic institution (e.g.,
photo/scan of valid student cards or a letter from advisor/guide) will have to be uploaded on Google Drive or Microsoft OneDrive and have an accessible sharing link for filling the form.
NOTE: Incomplete application, application not officially submitted, and application has no proof of student affiliation to an academic institution will NOT be considered.
SUBMISSION DEADLINE: May 3, 2021
Results will be notified to the selected applicants via the e-mail address provided during the application submission process by May 10, 2021