2022 Fall Selection
The IEEE TCLT Early Career Researcher Award in Learning Technologies is recognizing a researcher who is in his or her early career stage, has conducted high quality research results and produced and disseminated outcome worldwide. Nominees must not have received their doctoral degree more than 5 years ago.
- Must be an active IEEE Computer Society member and an active IEEE TCLT member at the time of the nomination and during the upcoming ICALT conference when receiving the Award. Participating member of IEEE TCLT is free to join at https://tinyurl.com/joinieeetclt.
- Must be in his or her early career stage – less than 5 years after he or she receives his or her doctoral degree, at the time of nomination.
- Sunday, January 8th, 2023: Deadline for submission of nomination packages.
- Monday, February 6th, 2023: Notification of the winner, selected by Awards/Recognition Committee.
- Nomination can only be made by an ACTIVE IEEE Computer Society Member who is also a TCLT participating member. The nomination should be sent to TCLT Chair directly via email.
- NOTE: Both of nominator and nominee need to sign in at https://www.ieee.org/ and then click your name (at top right hand side just beside the Sign Out link). You can then choose to “View Membership and Subscription Information” and print the page to a PDF file to attached to your nomination package email. On the page you should be able to see your IEEE Computer Society Membership is active and your IEEE Computer Society Technical Committee on Learning Technology membership is active. TCLT participating member can be free to join at https://tinyurl.com/joinieeetclt.
- Please send the nomination package directly via email to the TCLT Vice Chair for Award & Early Career Professional, Andreas Lingnau, at lingnau(at)ieee.org with subject “[IEEE TCLT Early Career Researcher Award][Fall] Nomination“.
- TCLT Awards/Recognition Committee (https://tc.computer.org/tclt/executive-board/#award) will assess the nominations and select the suitable awardees by voting.
In the nomination package, it would be necessary to include the justifications and required documents as evidences for all of the following selection criteria:
- Research quality and impact
- Publication quality and influence
- Community service
- Proof of being active IEEE Computer Society Member and IEEE Computer Society Technical Committee on Learning Technology member
- Nomination form for IEEE TCLT Early Career Researcher Award in Learning Technologies. Nomination Form can be downloaded at HERE.
- THREE representative publications.
- Other necessary supporting documents.
- The winner will receive an IEEE TCLT Early Career Researcher Award in Learning Technologies Certificate in the same year’s ICALT conference.
- The winner’s name will be announced on IEEE TCLT website at https://tc.computer.org/tclt/awards/.
- The winner will be invited to give a talk in ICALT or T4E within the next FIVE years after he or she receives the award.
NOTE: If possible, the award winner SHOULD ATTEND the same year’s ICALT IN PERSON to receive the award. However, due to ongoing uncertainties related to travel, the award will not be revoked if the winner cannot attend in person. Online participation may be required instead!