Full-Time Faculty Position with IISc, Bengaluru
The Department of Computational and Data Sciences (CDS), Indian Institute of Science, Bengaluru, India is inviting applications for full-time tenure track faculty positions at all levels (Assistant Professor, Associate Professor and Professor).
CDS is an interdisciplinary engineering department spanning the research areas of Computational Science and Engineering, and Data Sciences. Computational science deals with computational methods, related mathematics and algorithms, and the design of high performance and scalable systems to support scientific and engineering applications. Data Science explores models, algorithms and scalable systems to extract knowledge and insight from both structured and unstructured data of various scales. CDS invites applications in all areas of computational and data sciences that lie at the intersection of methods, systems and applications, specifically in the following topics.
- Computational Mathematics and its Application to Science and Engineering – All areas, especially in emerging areas and in areas that complement the specialization of the current faculty
- Data science and its Applications–All areas including analytics, assimilation, visualization, knowledge extraction and representation, statistics at scale, programming models and platforms.
- Scalable Systems for Computation and Data Sciences – emerging hardware architectures and software systems
The Indian Institute of Science (IISc) is the premier graduate teaching and research institution in India, and is highly ranked on global metrics. Established over a century ago and located in the vibrant technology capital of Bangalore, IISc is renowned for its academic freedom. Its focus on research excellence, quality of students and faculty, and leadership in national and international initiatives, are widely recognized. CDS fully internalizes this creative academic ambience, and enriches it with a variety of unique facets. Interdisciplinary and collaborative research is strongly encouraged and supported, as is reflected in the current CDS faculty profiles.
CDS welcomes rolling applications, round-the-year, from Indian nationals who are exceptionally motivated, with an established record of independent, high quality research, and a commitment to teaching. The department expects the candidates to have published in top-ranking fora in their areas of expertise. Prospective faculty candidates are invited to email their application packets consisting of their CV, a list of three or more referees, a research statement with prior contributions and future plans, a teaching statement, and three select publications to <email@example.com>.
- More details for prospective faculty – http://cds.iisc.in/opportunities/faculty/
- Department web page: http://cds.iisc.in
- Institute web page: http://www.iisc.in