Dr. Ladan Tahvildari
University of Waterloo
The IEEE Computer Society is the world’s largest professional organization devoted to computer science and the TCSE (Technical Community on Software Engineering) is the voice of software engineering within the IEEE and the Computer Society. TCSE has the duty to advance awareness of software engineering and to support education and training through conferences, workshops, and other professional activities that contribute to the growth and enrichment of software engineering academics and professionals. This is your organization. It should serve you in terms of your professional growth, but it should also serve your business, your government, your financial environment, your health, your home and family, and your social networks.
Software is everywhere and is critical to the financial, environmental, physical, and social well-being of our world. As software engineers, we have incredible opportunities, and enormous responsibilities to society as a vibrant, multi-disciplinary, and rapidly expanding field. Consequently, the TCSE is in the privileged and also sensitive position to exert an enormous influence on the society.
2023 TCSE Awards – Call for Nominations
The IEEE Technical Community on Software Engineering (TCSE) requests nominations for its annual international awards in seven categories. Each award includes an award plaque that will be presented at the IEEE/ACM International Conference on Software Engineering (ICSE) along with a public citation for the award on the IEEE TCSE website.
2022 TCSE Election Results
Congratulations to our latest TCSE Members-at-large Nelly Bencomo, Philippe Kruchten, Atif Memon, and Michael Whalen. The At-Large Members were elected for the term of November 1, 2022-December 31, 2024.
2022 TCSE Distinguished Awards
Congratulations to the awardees:
- Service: Valerie Issarny (National Institute for Research in Digital Science and Technology, France)
- Education: Didar Zowghi (CSIRO’s Data61, Australia)
- Lifetime Achievement: Michael Jackson (Open University, UK)
- WISE Leadership: Margaret Burnett (Oregon State University, USA)
- Rising Star: Baishakhi Ray (Columbia University, USA) and Sonia Haiduc (Florida State University, USA)
- New Directions: Cristian Cadar (Imperial College London, UK) and Abhik Roychoudhury (National University of Singapore)
These awards were be presented at virtual ICSE 2022 on Tuesday, May 10 as well as in-person ICSE 2022 on Wednesday, May 25.
Join our LinkedIn Group and connect with other TCSE members and employers.
Sign Up / Renew Membership
- Join TCSE
- Check your TCSE Membership
- Join Technical Committees
- Renew IEEE Computer Society
- Renew IEEE Membership
Your Computer Society Member Benefits
IEEE CS TCSE Conference Sponsorship
- Apply for sponsorship
- Benefits flyer – Financially Sponsored Conferences
- Benefits – Technically Sponsored Conferences
Read IEEE CS Computing Edge
Learn about the world of leading-edge technology.