Technical Committee on Multimedia Computing (TCMC)
The TC on Multimedia Computing (TCMC) is related to interest in all aspects of hardware and software systems that bring about the synchronization of a variety of different types of media such as audio, video, text, and animation to convey information.
Through proper integration of advances in communication, storage, and distributed computing, multimedia information in local, networked, and mobile computing systems can be integrated, semantically analyzed, and shared. This includes the capture, creation, transmission, storage, semantic analysis, integration, presentation, and sharing of multimedia information; hardware and software issues that are unique to multimedia computing; development of multimedia standards, user interfaces, programming environments, analytical tools, security protocols, and applications.
The goal of the TC is to bring together practitioners and researchers interested in multimedia systems for the purpose of promoting multimedia computing technology development as well as fostering activities that will benefit the membership and the profession as a whole.
University of Miami
Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering
1251 Memorial Drive
Coral Gables, FL 33146, USA
- Call for Nominations for the TCMC Year 2020 Awards!
- 2019 TCMC Award Recipients announced!
- TCMC has received an “excellent” vitality rating for 6 years in a row!
- The IEEE Symposium on Visual Languages & Human-Centric Computing (VL/HCC’ 19), sponsored by TCMC, was held in Memphis, Tennessee, USA, October 14-18, 2019.
- The 20th IEEE International Conference on Information Reuse and Integration for Data Science (IRI’19), sponsored by TCMC, was held in Los Angeles, CA, USA, July 30-August 1, 2019.