Technical Community on Multimedia Computing (TCMC)
The TC on Multimedia Computing (TCMC) is related to interest in all aspects of hardware and software systems that bring about the synchronization of a variety of different types of media such as audio, video, text, and animation to convey information.
Through proper integration of advances in communication, storage, and distributed computing, multimedia information in local, networked, and mobile computing systems can be integrated, semantically analyzed, and shared. This includes the capture, creation, transmission, storage, semantic analysis, integration, presentation, and sharing of multimedia information; hardware and software issues that are unique to multimedia computing; development of multimedia standards, user interfaces, programming environments, analytical tools, security protocols, and applications.
The goal of the TC is to bring together practitioners and researchers interested in multimedia systems for the purpose of promoting multimedia computing technology development as well as fostering activities that will benefit the membership and the profession as a whole.
The University of Alabama at Birmingham
Department of Computer Science
University Hall 4105
1402 10th Ave. S.
Birmingham, AL 35294-1241, USA
- 2022 TCMC Award Recipients announced!
- The 24th IEEE Symposium on Multimedia (ISM 2022), sponsored by TCMC, was held in Naples, Italy, December 5-7, 2022
- The Eighth IEEE International Conference on Multimedia Big Data (BigMM 2022), sponsored by TCMC, was held in Naples, Italy, December 5-7, 2022
- The 22nd IEEE International Conference on Bioinformatics and Bioengineering (BIBE 2022), sponsored by TCMC, was held in Taichung, Taiwan on November 7-9, 2022
- The IEEE Symposium on Visual Languages & Human-Centric Computing (VL/HCC 2022), sponsored by TCMC, was held in Rome, Italy on September 12-16, 2022.
- The 23rd IEEE International Conference on Information Reuse and Integration for Data Science (IRI 2022), sponsored by TCMC, was held virtually on August 9-11, 2022
- The 5th IEEE International Conference on Multimedia Information Processing and Retrieval (MIPR 2022), sponsored by TCMC, was held virtually on August 2-4, 2022.
- The 2022 IEEE International Conference on Multimedia and Expo (ICME 2022), sponsored by TCMC, was held in Taipei, Taiwan on July 18-22, 2022.