Technical Committee on Multimedia Computing (TCMC)
The TC on Multimedia Computing (TCMC) is related to interest in all aspects of hardware and software systems that bring about the synchronization of a variety of different types of media such as audio, video, text, and animation to convey information.
Through proper integration of advances in communication, storage, and distributed computing, multimedia information in local, networked, and mobile computing systems can be integrated, semantically analyzed, and shared. This includes the capture, creation, transmission, storage, semantic analysis, integration, presentation, and sharing of multimedia information; hardware and software issues that are unique to multimedia computing; development of multimedia standards, user interfaces, programming environments, analytical tools, security protocols, and applications.
The goal of the TC is to bring together practitioners and researchers interested in multimedia systems for the purpose of promoting multimedia computing technology development as well as fostering activities that will benefit the membership and the profession as a whole.
The University of Alabama at Birmingham
Department of Computer Science
University Hall 4105
1402 10th Ave. S.
Birmingham, AL 35294-1241, USA
- The 22nd IEEE Symposium on Multimedia (ISM 2020), sponsored by TCMC, will be held in Naples, Italy, December 2-4, 2020.
- The 10th International Conference on Virtual Reality and Visualization (ICVRV 2020), technically sponsored by TCMC, will be held in Recife/Porto de Galinhas, Brazil on November 13-14, 2020.
- The 20th IEEE International Conference on Bioinformatics and Bioengineering (BIBE 2020), sponsored by TCMC, will be held virtually on October 26-28, 2020.
- The Sixth IEEE International Conference on Multimedia Big Data (BigMM 2020), sponsored by TCMC, will be held virtually on September 24-26, 2020.
- The 8th International Conference on Digital Home, technically co-sponsored by TCMC, will be held in Dalian, China on September 19-20, 2020.
- The 21st IEEE International Conference on Information Reuse and Integration for Data Science (IRI 2020), sponsored by TCMC, will be held virtually on August 11-13, 2020
- The IEEE Symposium on Visual Languages & Human-Centric Computing (VL/HCC 2020), sponsored by TCMC, will be held virtually on August 10-14, 2020.
- The Third IEEE International Conference on Multimedia Information Processing and Retrieval (MIPR 2020), sponsored by TCMC, was held virtually on August 6-8, 2020.
- The 2020 IEEE International Conference on Multimedia and Expo (ICME 2020), sponsored by TCMC, was held virtually on July 6-10, 2020.
- International Conference on Computing, Networking and Communications
(ICNC 2020), sponsored by TCMC, was held on February 17-20, 2020 at Big Island, Hawaii, USA.
- 2020 TCMC Award Recipients announced!
- TCMC has received an “excellent” vitality rating for 6 years in a row!