IEEE CS TCHPC Award for Excellence for Early Career Researchers in High Performance Computing – 2017
The IEEE Computer Society TCHPC Award for Excellence for Early Career Researchers in High Performance Computing, sponsored by the IEEE Computer Society Technical Consortium on High Performance Computing (TCHPC) and its member Technical Committees, Technical Committee on Parallel Process (TCPP) and Technical Committee on Computer Communications (TCCC), recognizes up to 3 individuals who have made outstanding, influential, and potentially long-lasting contributions in the field of high performance computing within 5 years of receiving their PhD degree as of January 1 of the year of the award.
A candidate must be nominated by member(s) of the community. An individual may nominate at most one candidate for this award. The nomination must be submitted via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. A nomination application (as a single PDF file) should contain the following details:
- Name/email of person making the nomination (self-nominations are not eligible)
- Name/email of candidate for whom the award is recommended
- A statement by the nominator (maximum of 500 words) as to why the nominee is highly deserving of the award. Note that since the award is for outstanding contributions, the statement and supporting letters should address what the contributions are and why they are both outstanding and significant. The nomination should also list the names and email of up to 3 persons who have provided letters supporting the nomination.
- CV of the nominee
- Up to three letters of support from persons other than the nominator – these should be collected by the nominator and included in the nomination.
Nomination Deadline: August 15, 2017 AoE
Notification: September 15, 2017
Award Selection Committee:
The award selection committee consists of:
• Sadaf Alam, Swiss National Supercomputing Centre, Switzerland
• Srinivas Aluru, Georgia Institute of Technology, USA
• Tracy Camp, Colorado School of Mines, USA
• Naoya Maruyama, Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory, USA
• Ilkay Altintas, San Diego Supercomputer Center, USA
• Seyong Lee, Oak Ridge National Laboratory, USA
• Kengo Nakajima, University of Tokyo, Japan
• Jeffrey Vetter, Oak Ridge National Laboratory, USA (chair)
Award & Presentation Note:
Awardees will be presented a plaque and will be recognized by IEEE Computer Society TCPP and TCCC websites, newsletters and archives. The awards will be presented at the SC17 conference that will be held in Denver, CO, USA during November 12 – 17, 2017. Details of the conference can be found at http://sc17.supercomputing.org/.
For more information, please send email to email@example.com.
IEEE-CS TCHPC Award for Excellence for Early Career Researchers in High Performance Computing – 2017 Recipients
Antonio J. Peña, Senior Researcher, Barcelona Supercomputing Center (BSC)
Amanda Randles, Assistant Professor, Duke University
Shuaiwen Leon Song, Senior Staff Scientist, Pacific Northwest National Lab (PNNL)
Kyle Chard, Computation Institute, University of Chicago and Argonne National Laboratory
Sunita Chandrasekaran, Assistant Professor, University of Delaware
Seyong Lee, Oak Ridge National Laboratory