SC22 Student Travel Awards Applications for Graduate and Undergraduate Students – Deadline Sept. 25
TCHPC will be sponsoring 8-10 travel awards to students for attending the SC22 (Supercomputing 2022) conference scheduled for Dallas, Texas from November 13-18, 2022. TCHPC is looking to fund a diverse group including graduate and undergraduate students, from USA and international universities. Preference will be given to students who are first-time attendees and/or from minority or underrepresented groups. Giving a presentation at SC22 is not a requirement. The scholarship will cover travel up to $1000 for recipients for North American universities and $1500 for recipients outside of North America, and also include complimentary technical program registrations to SC22.
To apply please fill out the form at https://forms.gle/pQ7GE5xRxPsk1hcQA
Students receiving the award are expected to (i) attend the TCHPC career panel and (ii) fill out a post-conference survey on their experiences at SC22.
The application is currently open and will close on Sunday, September 25th. We will send notifications by Wednesday, September 30th. If you have any questions regarding the award, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
IEEE CS TCHPC Early Career Researchers Award for Excellence in High Performance Computing – 2022
The IEEE Computer Society TCHPC Early Career Researchers Award for Excellence in High Performance Computing recognizes up to 3 individuals who have made outstanding, influential, and potentially long-lasting contributions in the field of high-performance computing within 5 years of receiving their PhD degree as of January 01 of the year of the award. It is sponsored by the IEEE Computer Society Technical Community on High Performance Computing (TCHPC) and its member Technical Committees:
- Technical Committee on Parallel Process (TCPP)
- Technical Committee on Computer Communications (TCCC)
- Technical Committee on Distributed Processing (TCDP)
- Technical Committee on Cloud Computing (TCCLD)
- Task Force on Rebooting Computing (TFRC)
- Technical Committee on Computational Life Sciences (TCCLS)
A candidate must be nominated by member(s) of the community. An individual may nominate at most one candidate for this award. The nomination application must be submitted via email to email@example.com as a single PDF file and should contain the following details:
- Name/email of person making the nomination (self-nominations are not eligible).
- Name/email of candidate for whom the award is recommended.
- A statement by the nominator (maximum of 500 words) as to why the nominee is highly deserving of the award. Note that since the award is for outstanding contributions, the statement and supporting letters should address what the contributions are and why they are both outstanding and significant. The nomination should also list the names and email of up to 3 persons who have provided letters supporting the nomination.
- CV of the nominee.
- Up to three letters of support from persons other than the nominator – these should be collected by the nominator and included in the nomination.
Nomination Deadline: August 15, 2022
Notification: September 15, 2022
Award Selection Committee:
- Ilkay Altintas, University of California San Diego, USA
- Anne Benoit, ENS Lyon, France
- Barbara Chapman, Stony Brook University, USA
- Vladimir Getov, University of Westminster, UK (Chair)
- Bernd Mohr, FZ Juelich, Germany
- Bing Xie, ORNL, USA
- Yang You, National University of Singapore, Singapore
- Amelie Chi Zhou, Shenzhen University, China
Award & Presentation Note
Awardees will be presented a plaque and provided with complimentary IEEE and IEEE CS membership for one year. They will also be recognized by IEEE Computer Society and TCHPC websites, newsletters, and archives. The awards will be presented at the SC22 conference that will be held in Dallas, Texas, USA during November 13–18, 2022. Details of the conference can be found at http://sc22.supercomputing.org/.
For more information, please send email to firstname.lastname@example.org.