The IEEE Computer Society TCHPC Early Career Researchers Award for Excellence in High Performance Computing recognizes up to 3 individuals who have made outstanding, influential, and potentially long-lasting contributions in the field of high-performance computing within 5 years of receiving their PhD degree as of January 01 of the year of the award. It is sponsored by the IEEE Computer Society Technical Consortium on High Performance Computing (TCHPC) and its member Technical Committees:
- Technical Committee on Parallel Process (TCPP)
- Technical Committee on Computer Communications (TCCC)
- Technical Committee on Distributed Processing (TCDP)
- Technical Committee on Cloud Computing (TCCLD)
- Task Force on Rebooting Computing (TFRC)
- Technical Committee on Computational Life Sciences (TCCLS)
A candidate must be nominated by member(s) of the community. An individual may nominate at most one candidate for this award. The nomination application must be submitted via email to email@example.com as a single PDF file and should contain the following details:
Name/email of person making the nomination (self-nominations are not eligible).2. Name/email of candidate for whom the award is recommended.3. A statement by the nominator (maximum of 500 words) as to why the nominee is highly deserving of the award. Note that since the award is for outstanding contributions, the statement and supporting letters should address what the contributions are and why they are both outstanding and significant. The nomination should also list the names and email of up to 3 persons who have provided letters supporting the nomination.4. CV of the nominee.5. Up to three letters of support from persons other than the nominator – these should be collected by the nominator and included in the nomination.
Nomination Deadline: August 15, 2020
Notification: September 15, 2020
Award Selection Committee:
The award selection committee consists of:
- Rosa M. Badia, Barcelona Supercomputing Center, Spain
- Tom Conte, Georgia Institute of Technology, USA
- Yufei Ding, University of California Santa Barbara, USA
- Vladimir Getov, University of Westminster, UK (Chair)
- Xu Liu, College of William & Mary, USA
- Guillaume Pallez, Inria, France
- Happy Sithole, National Integrated Cyber-Infrastructure (NICIS), South Africa
Award & Presentation Note:
Awardees will be presented a plaque and will be recognized by IEEE Computer Society and TCHPC websites, newsletters and archives. The awards will be presented at the SC20 conference that will be held in Atlanta, CO, USA during November 15 – 20, 2020. Details of the conference can be found at http://sc20.supercomputing.org/.
For more information, please send email to firstname.lastname@example.org.