The IEEE Computer Society TCHPC Early Career Researchers Award for Excellence in High Performance Computing recognizes up to 3 individuals who have made outstanding, influential, and potentially long-lasting contributions in the field of high-performance computing within 5 years of receiving their PhD degree as of January 01 of the year of the award. It is sponsored by the IEEE Computer Society Technical Consortium on High Performance Computing (TCHPC) and its member Technical Committees:
- Technical Committee on Parallel Process (TCPP)
- Technical Committee on Computer Communications (TCCC)
- Technical Committee on Distributed Processing (TCDP)
- Technical Committee on Cloud Computing (TCCLD)
- Task Force on Rebooting Computing (TFRC)
- Technical Committee on Computational Life Sciences (TCCLS)
A candidate must be nominated by member(s) of the community. An individual may nominate at most one candidate for this award. The nomination application must be submitted via email to firstname.lastname@example.org as a single PDF file and should contain the following details:
- Name/email of person making the nomination (self-nominations are not eligible).
- Name/email of candidate for whom the award is recommended.
- A statement by the nominator (maximum of 500 words) as to why the nominee is highly deserving of the award. Note that since the award is for outstanding contributions, the statement and supporting letters should address what the contributions are and why they are both outstanding and significant. The nomination should also list the names and email of up to 3 persons who have provided letters supporting the nomination.
- CV of the nominee.
- Up to three letters of support from persons other than the nominator – these should be collected by the nominator and included in the nomination.
Nomination Deadline: August 15, 2019
Notification: September 15, 2019
Award Selection Committee:
The award selection committee consists of:
- Lin Gan, Tsinghua University and National Supercomputing Center in Wuxi, China
- Vladimir Getov, University of Westminster, UK (Chair)
- Minyi Guo, Shanghai Jiao Tong University, China
- Ananth Kalyanaraman, Washington State University, USA.
- Christine Morin, Inria, France
- Irene Qualters, Los Alamos National Laboratory, USA
- Satoshi Sekiguchi, National Institute of Industrial Science and Technology, Japan
- Min Si, Argonne National Laboratory, USA
- Yogesh Simmhan, Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore, India
- Edgar Solomonik, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, USA
Award & Presentation Note:
Awardees will be presented a plaque and will be recognized by IEEE Computer Society and TCHPC websites, newsletters and archives. The awards will be presented at the SC19 conference that will be held in Denver, CO, USA during November 18 – 21, 2019. Details of the conference can be found at http://sc19.supercomputing.org/.
For more information, please send email to email@example.com.