This year, we received a lot of applications. Due to the limited resources TCLT has, we cannot award every single application. After review and assess all applications, we are pleased to announce the following winners that have been awarded a reimbursement of a SINGLE registration fee for online participation ONLY (i.e., neither 2nd paper’s fee nor in-person participation registration fee will be).
IEEE TCLT Student Award for Underrepresented Group Students
- Hui SHI, Florida State University, United States
- #5787 Stay or leave? Exploring student factors associated with dropout patterns in massive open online courses
- Jie CAO, Beijing Normal University, China
- #4351 Automatic evaluation of Chinese short-answer questions based on Structure of Observed Learning Outcomes taxonomy
- Monnie PARIDA, Indian Institute of Technology Kharagpur, India
- #950 Enhancing Braille Accessibility: An Android Application for Indian Braille Transliteration
- Wanning HUANG, the University of Auckland, New Zealand
- #9767 How technology assists the feedback process in a learning environment: A review
IEEE TCLT Student Award
- Herold PC, Indian Institute of Technology Bombay, India
- #7155 Design of embodied conversational agent to elicit participants’ reasoning for their decisions taken inside a VR environment
- Sandeep YADAV, Indian Institute of Technology Bombay, India
- #7613 Be a Buddy: A smartphone application to facilitate inclusive communication for DHH users
- Shijin LI, East China Normal University, China
- #2558 Can STEM Teaching Improve Students’ Problem-Solving Ability: An Empirical Study in the Middle School
- Sonika PAL, Indian Institute of Technology Bombay, India
- #1660 Investigating the role of closed captioning and live transcription on DHH students’ perception of inclusivity in a face-to-face classroom environment
- Vando Gusti Al HAKIM, National Central University, Taiwan
- #1658 A Pet-Like Model for Educational Robots: Using Interdependence Theory to Enhance Learning and Sustain Long-Term Relationships
- Zhuofan PANG, Beijing University of Posts and Telecommunications, China
- #6357 A Digital Twins-based Smart Classroom Monitoring System
- Jeremy Tzi Dong NG, The University of Hong Kong, China
- #910 Automated Analysis of Text in Student-created Virtual Reality Content
- Xiaobo LIU, Beijing University of Posts and Telecommunications, China
- #3329 A Personalized Online Experiment Platform for Mobile Communication Course
- Sunita RASTE, Indian Institute of TechnologyBombay, India
- #1109 “I Got to Know Many Things, and Also Realised How Much I Don’t Know Yet”: Students’ Involvement in a Sensemaking Task and It’s Effect on Self-efficacy
Congratulations! We are looking forward to meeting you winners all at the conference.
Please note that students who have been awarded the grant MUST attend the conference and introduce yourself to TCLT chair-elect and vice chair of EDI (Equity,Diversity & Inclusion) & Event, Dr. Rita KUO, just for check-in purpose. If you failed to check in with the TCLT chair-elect during ICALT 2022, you may no longer be eligible to receive the award and can no longer reimburse your author registration fee after the conference.
Student award (i.e., the SINGLE author registration fee without 2nd paper fee) is available in the form of reimbursements that are sent, within TWO WEEKS, ONLY AFTER the completion of the conference and related documentation and receipts are required. You will receive the instruction of the IEEE reimbursement process later, by email, AFTER the conference from the TCLT Chair.