IEEE ICALT 2022 (https://tc.computer.org/tclt/icalt-2022/) is going to be held hybrid (in Romania and online) during July 1 to 4, 2022 in GMT+3 (Eastern European Summer Time, check Bucharest’s local time at https://time.is/Bucharest) by IEEE Technical Community on Learning Technology (https://tc.computer.org/tclt). We are looking for students and early career researchers as volunteers to help the event online during these four days.
IEEE ICALT conference is ranked as the second (2nd) by saliency in Educational Technology area, just follows CSCL (1st) in Microsoft Academic for the time 2000 to 2020. See https://tc.computer.org/tclt/ieee-icalt-conference-ranked-second-2nd-saliency/ for more details.
Your tasks might include working with TCLT chair and vice chairs as well as the session chairs for (depending the conference’s needs and your preferences):
- being the contacts of the ICALT 2022 conference web system to help participants who may have questions;
2. helping start/stop the recording of a session;
3. helping update the recording url of a session when the session ends;
4. helping session chair for time control within a sesssion; and,
5. helping participants to solve common technical issues.
Being the volunteers for ICALT 2022, you may:
- build your relations and expand personal network with IEEE TCLT volunteers and ICALT 2022 participants;
2. gain experiences and skills in organizing events;
3. enrich your CV; and,
4. attend sessions when you are not in the shift.
Of course, for doing the voluntarily tasks during ICALT 2022, you may need:
- to spend 3 to 5 hours (according to your availability and preference) every day during July 1 to 4, 2022 in GMT+3;
2. to learn how to use Zoom and the conference system; and,
3. to interact with IEEE TCLT volunteers and ICALT 2022 participants in English.
If you are a student OR an early career researcher and you are interested in being a volunteer for ICALT 2022, please send an email with email subject “Re: Being a volunteer for IEEE ICALT 2022” to the program chairs: Drs. Maiga CHANG <maiga.chang(at)gmail.com>, Ahmed TLILI <ahmed.tlili23(at)yahoo.com>, and Mihai DASCALU <mikedascalu(at)gmail.com> by Friday, June 24, 2022.
Thank you so much in advance and we are looking forward to hearing from you.